Wednesday, June 19, 2013

magical beads

Sara focuses her attention in order to create a bead made with her mother's cremains.
Some materials needed for this particular bead.
The ashes of the loved one float gently at the surface of finished cremains beads.
 I went on the most wonderful interview for my new job with Mountain Valley Living. I had the honor of meeting glass bead artist Sara Conklin. She spent several hours with me, showing me how the different techniques all come together in creating lampworked beads. Sara makes some special beads that are created with the cremains of her client's loved ones. People draw comfort from having a bit of their beloved encased in beautiful glass that can be worn. This is just a sneak preview of what my feature article with cover in detail. I hope you are as interested in this wonderful art and talented artist as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment