Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bill Ikler Designs

Look at these beautiful pieces! They were made by one of Richard's old friends whom he has described to me forever without once mentioning he was a jeweler!!! Bill Ikler lives in Colorado now and has been a professional jeweler for some 30 years. These are two of his pieces I just love. He has a lovely website at www.billiklerstudio.com. Check this site out to see some wonderful jewelry and craftmanship. To think Richard had this friend for all this time and only now mentioned what he does for a living! I looked Bill up immediately after Richard revealed this info and told Richard it was crazy that knowing my obsession for jewelry he would fail to tell me about this work. Anyway it was a happy day for both of us since Richard emailed Bill, and they have reconnected. Meanwhile I'm lusting after a trip to Colorado so that I feast my eyes on more of Bill's work. Richard claims innocence in keeping this secret from me because he hasn't seen Bill in 35 years. I think the whole thing is hilarious. I mean it's not like Richard and I don't talk. We jabber all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment