Tuesday, July 30, 2013

treaure box 2


Here are three interesting pieces from the above treasure box. The first is a modernist carving of an elephant made into a pendant. I really like its elongated legs and minimalist style. The second is a shell cameo broach. It's really interesting in that it swivels around to show a backside which must have once held a portrait. Now there is just an empty frame with a glass inset. The third piece is so finely carved it might be French ivory (Bakelite plastic). Behind the carved pendant is a cosmetic mirror. This is so great an idea! I frequently want to discreetly check my lipstick, especially after a meal. I can't think of what could be more elegant than to use your ivory pendant which doubles as a mirror. It puts me in the mind of 007.

No comments:

Post a Comment