Monday, December 30, 2013

The frog

Hi Everybody, as you know the frog is a symbol of transformation, and I'm planning to transform this blog for the New Year. Instead of just talking about jewelry, I plan to write some of my meditations down
for myself and anyone else who might be interested. I will still talk about jewelry because I love it, but the emphasis of this blog is changing. If you want to follow a jewelry blog I recommend Gem Gossip. That is my favorite jewelry blog.
So the Holidays are almost over which for me is a good thing. I was pretty happy until Christmas Day when I gave out some gifts that I had really hoped would make someone I particularly care about happy. Let's just say this person was not responding in the way I had hoped. This caused me deep pain for several days. I knew that from a spiritual  perspective this depression was my problem. Our inner peace comes from God alone. What other people do is not to be based on your expectations. But I have to admit that I had hoped this person would be happier than turned out to be the case. So I got to experience my own private little crucifixion for three or four days.
Then I really realized with the help of the Universe that I was indulging in the myth of the special relationship. I wanted this person to have a special, close relationship with me and that is a particularly controlling and insidious desire of our ego minds. I had to school myself that our true happiness comes from God alone. Everyone in the universe is a precious child of God and we need to treat every relationship as special. By trying to have a special relationship with this person, I was being grabby and needy. I need to say god bless this person and let it go at that. If a train doesn't stop at your station it's not your train. There are, however, many other trains!

No comments:

Post a Comment