Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fabulous snake

I had been jabbering on about my love for the snake ring fad and that had been the first time Richard had really shown much interest in a ring for himself since we got our wedding bands. I found  ring on eBay and fell in love with it for Richard. The auction lasted for six days, and I was the only bidder until the last hour. Then a bidding war ensued that went down to the last 22 seconds, but I had my position covered with a hefty back-up figure and so won the game. I was thrilled when the ring actually arrived and was even better than it had appeared online. It is signed, made in Mexico and was shipped from Texas. So this is a real Western ring. I love the pictures here of Ricky's hands as well. I love his blunt fingers.
I added the yellow stones for the snake's eyes. Before we got the ring Richard said he wanted it to have yellow eyes. I didn't have any small yellow stones, but I said, "I'm sure they are on their way to us." Low and behold my mom called and told me she had some old jewelry for me. I asked if there were any pieces with small yellow stones. She said, "No, nothing like that." But in fact the first box I opened held little earring with yellow stones just the right size to be scavenged for this Western snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment