Thursday, May 9, 2013

a few secrets


Aren't those vintage pearls to die for? I strung them up first thing and added the black ribbon because this bracelet with my big black diamond is something out of Vogue in the 50's! These pearls are heavy and slightly baroque. And very very white as if they've traveled to us from a cleaner world. I doubt we'll ever see pearls this white again. Next is a mid-century modern classic scarf clip. This picture doesn't do it justice. It's gold with matte and shiny finished stripes alternating to an indented matte gold circle in the center. It says "Western Germany" on the back so that tells a tale. Then there is the sweetest old plastic heart, probably a Valentine's Day trinket with the heaviest gold heart dangling freely at the center. I love these old plastic special occasion pieces because they're so rare. I collect them as you know if you saw my Easter post. And look at the great prop below! I just love it and think it deserves its own photo.

All this out of my cousin Malinda's junk drawer! And there's more! Good stuff that I have to work on and combine with pieces I already have. These are sweet, Malinda!

No comments:

Post a Comment