Thursday, May 2, 2013

cameos humble and proud




This humble cameo is really among the most graceful I have seen. I get a lot of use out of it even though I spent very little on it. It is always a small miracle to me how something made of the cheapest of materials can be as beautiful or more so than something costing thousands. This was always going to be a cheap piece of jewelry but its designer cared enough to make it lovely anyway.

The piece at left is on my wishlist. I love that it's a ring and also its striking color contrast. I got it off Erie Basin which has other fine pieces beautifully photographed. I'm sure that one day I'll find a cameo ring that meets my standards, but so far that is a hole in my collection. I am inspired by this bold piece and plan to keep my eye open for something stunning even if made of humble materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment