Thursday, August 1, 2013

treasure box 4


I finally had to call my friend and ask her what her mother wore these things with; they are so striking! She tried to email me a pic of her mother wearing these pieces but it wouldn't come through so I have to wait until my friend comes back from her vacation to find out the answer to this urgent question! Consider the necklace below. I'm guessing jasper beads with carved nephrite and carved nuts. There is a large bead, oblong with some kind of carved cat or dog on it made of some kind of agate. The piece is heavy and bold with all the beads knotted together. I want to wear these lovely things but don't quite know what with. I mean you can wear anything with a T shirt and jeans. But how would you dress these pieces up? I imagine my friend's mom wearing somthing like a Caftan.


No comments:

Post a Comment