Tuesday, April 9, 2013

black pearl with glass

Sometimes I wear this blue pearl with a glass necklace one of my most favorite people gave me (Yes you Barb!). It looks very glamorous and stunning at night. The pearl does deserve it's own picture as I have looked all over the internet and can't find one like this for less than 1,000 bucks, and I paid less than a 100 in China Town in Down Town Honolulu. Which sort of proves my son's thesis that you can buy anything at any price in China. I did get my husband, Richard, to change the finding from white to yellow gold. The new finding shows more of the pearl and its perfect teardrop shape. Tahitian pearls have been the rage since the late '70's. I remember I had a mean high school English teacher who got one. I was interested in jewelry even then and got up the nerve to ask her to see it, and she told me to get back to my work. Somehow I ended up an English teacher!!!???


No comments:

Post a Comment