Tuesday, April 23, 2013

When I get paid...


These pictures don't reproduce well so I'm keeping them small. But they are my two favorite things on eBay right now. When I get paid the one thing I won't be getting is the large teardrop ruby with the diamonds. At $2,000 starting, it's a bit out of my budget this month. However I will be getting the bubble charm with the pug that looks exactly like my dog, Lulu, short for Honolulu, because I think I can afford the $10 "Buy it Now" price. I always have a watch list going on eBay for inspiration. I'm really in the mood for rubies and emeralds right now. My watch board reminds me of what I'm looking for if I happen to get into a shop. For instance I found a really cool emerald cz just this weekend in Reno. It is no coincidence that I had three emeralds on my watch board. I also stash things I know I'm going to buy for little treats. Like this bubble pug charm. These bubbled charms date back at least a century, and I want this one for my Queen of Romania necklace (See January's Blogs). Now if only I could find a certain looking border collie/Jack Russell terrier mix I'd be in business! Originally these charms were made of glass and featured miniature paintings of the owner's dogs. Not just the type or breed but the particular dog. That's why I love this pug so much. It really could be a painting of Lulu!  I have another pug named, Joe but I doubt I'll find his likeness on eBay. He's a quarter Pekingese, and it just shows through with a kind of handsome not typical of the pug breed. I imagine there's a business where you send in a picture of your dog and voila, a bubble charm with his or her likeness comes back in the mail. But I swear I can't take a decent photo of either of my pugs to save my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment