Tuesday, April 16, 2013

red


I like this heavy linked chain with this vintage red rhinestone heart. This necklace rides right above the collar bone and hence the heart shows even with a shirt with an open collar. I like the contrast between the rather delicate lines of the pendant and the severe links of the chain. I think it's this contrast that gives the piece a contemporary feel. It's funny how I got the chain. I had a job delivering mail part-time, and one day there was a yard sale at one of my stops. I took a little time to look around and spotted the chain. The lady at the sale tells me it's her son's, but he won't clean his room so she's selling off his assets to pay her to do it. I asked, "Does he know this?" She said, "No." And charged me 50 cents which was about all I had on me. I still sometimes think some tough mug will stop me on the street and say, "Hey, that's my necklace!" How would I answer? I'm thinking about, "No it's not. Prove it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment