Monday, April 1, 2013

large locket


For those of us who still feel winter's lingering chill, a large locket goes well over a high neckline. Acquiring lockets second hand is a funny thing. What do you do with those that still have some stranger's face in them? I swear this happened to me. I was up in Chester and bought a locket at a thrift store with a lady's face still in it. Then I drove to Quincy and bought another locket with the same lady's face only about ten years older! I've shone these lockets to other people and they agree that the pictures are of the same person. How can I take those pictures out and replace them with my own? So here's my rule, if the locket comes with pictures the pictures stay. If not I put in whatever I feel like which is always a picture of my son at any age I can find to fit. I don't usually wear an empty locket. Something about that just feels wrong. So the one above I bought empty, but the person who sold it to me said she had taken the pictures out but didn't know what to do with them. Throwing them away just seemed wrong. So she has the pictures, and I have the locket, and I'm going to wear it as soon as I find a picture of my son that fits to put in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment