Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chinese pink



I wear a lot of pink hence I get a lot of use out of these Chinese pink lampworked beads. Here I'm showing them with that string of turquoise I've mentioned before, the one that goes with everything. Together these make a beautiful choker. I love the pink beads especially because of the flecks of red in them. When I was a child my mom told me that red and pink don't match, and yet they were always my favorite combination. Growing up in Hawaii, I had a different aesthetic than my mom who grew up on the East Coast. Now I get to indulge it all I want and could wear pink and red everyday if I felt like it! Certainly when you get to my age you have to tone down your black clothes with some pastel or you end up looking too severe. Pink is the perfect choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment