Monday, March 11, 2013

jet

I have some jet beads that I wear with two different looks. The first I like best although I've worn it only in Hawaii. I you have seen pictures of the ancient Hawaiian Royalty you will often see them wearing a large carved whale bone hook or tongue on a necklace of tiny braids of human
hair.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Hawaiian+whale+tooth+necklace&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS512US512&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Dj0-UY-rGuPRyAHvuoGQDw&ved=0CD4QsAQ (This will send you to an incredible Hawaiian jewelry gallery!)
My jet beads remind me of the look of human hair, and I have this bone hook which I got at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, and the two together remind me of that ancient look.

I also wear these beads with a French jet (glass) necklace with a giant real jet drop. This is pretty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment