Monday, March 18, 2013

roses



These roses were really big in the late '70's. They had a tendency to chip which is why you don't see them much anymore. But I still like them and have managed to find this small collection over the years at various thrift shops. I used to have a dusty rose dress that I wore with all these pieces, but that was over the top and I felt just plain silly. So I gave the dress to a thrift store but kept the jewelry. Now I don't have anything to wear these with. I think I should have kept the dress. Someday, somewhere there must be an occasion for such a get up. The next time I'm at the Junkee  Exchange, a great vintage store in Reno, I'll try to find a dusty rose dress. But what about my shrink's order to get rid of all the stuff I don't use?

No comments:

Post a Comment