Monday, March 4, 2013

trade beads



I bought these lovely trade beads from a lovely lady who had been in the Peace Corps in Africa during the '60's in Upper Volta now known as Burkina-Faso. I love their turquoise color as so many of the trade beads you see are earth tones, browns and burnt sienna. I wear these beads with an extra string of turquoise because for me turquoise is a neutral. I wear turquoise with everything. In fact in another blog I'll show you the one string of beads that I wear with everything, from gold to pink lampworked beads to coral. The effect of wearing these trade beads is that of a large collar. I usually wear them with a very plain brown dress to give them center stage so to speak. A pair of red heels and the whole look comes together (red being my other neutral!)

No comments:

Post a Comment