Thursday, January 2, 2014

humility

Is there another creature as humble as a cow? This year I'm going to honor the humility of the cow. I am trying so hard to become an enlightened master (yeah right), but I make so many mistakes! In order to be transfigured into a being of light in the world you must practice, practice, practice. Meditation is so hard for me. As a poet I am trained to feel everything and understand the world through feeling. But enlightened masters transcend their feelings and submit to the laws of consciousness of the universe. Luckily I just found out about a new form of prayer that involves just feeling what it feels like to have what you are praying about. My two experiments involve praying about snow and about saving the dying eagles. I just try to feel for a few minutes a day what it feels like to have a lush silent snow storm and then I try to feel the feeling of what it must feel like to be a free healthy bald eagle. I will also try to feel the humility of the kindness of cows. They are slaves yet they come up to greet you when you pass their pastures.

No comments:

Post a Comment