Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Reno

This is the best way to go to Reno, stopping for a picnic on the way and bringing a cooler for the stuff from Costco. Well we didn't have time to do this yesterday since Richard had a doctor's appointment. We did go to Costco, where of all places I saw a lovely piece of jewelry from a trunk show. It was a large green amethyst set in sterling. I could have afforded it. But I thought of my large red hearts and thought that I really want to wear them. If I get new necklaces I will ignore my beautiful red hearts. I have some regrets about leaving the amethyst behind. A jewelry collector hates to leave anything behind, but I tried practicing the lesson that God's salvation is the only salvation. I went home and put on a necklace that is very close to the one in the store. The thing is that unless you are willing to upgrade by getting rid of some older pieces, you just end up having too much. When I try to think about selling my older things, I get nostalgic. I remember buying each piece, where and for how much. I remember where I was in my life when I wore these things and with which outfits.  My jewelry is essentially the story of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment