Sunday, January 5, 2014

remembering

Baby Amy. I just got her yesterday much to the confusion of Richard who asked me, "Why do you want that?" Well I read somewhere that returning to things that you enjoyed in your childhood can really make you happy. Well this doll reminded me of a famous neighborhood doll, when I was a kid, named Ginger. Obviously Ginger had red hair. I wanted Ginger so badly. She had belonged to the older sister of the kid I played with who owned her then. She was the size of a real baby and could wear real baby clothes. So I bought baby Amy some real baby clothes at the thrift store where I found her. I have a few other dolls up in my attic just waiting for a grand niece or grandchild to want to play with. But I think I like Baby Amy best because she reminds me of Ginger. I don't have any of my own dolls because as the oldest of eight, my dolls were always handed on down the line when I out grew them. Another thing I have done using this idea of remembering what you love in your youth is rediscovered Paul Rodgers whom I loved to listen to in my teens. I've ordered most of his more recent albums and really enjoyed his wonderful voice almost everyday since the CDs arrived. It is my belief that the happier we can be the happier we can make the world. I'm grateful for the memories I have of being a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment