Monday, February 18, 2013

candy coated








The pave czs give these pastel mint stones a sugar coated look. I obviously went through a fad with them. But they are so pretty for the price. I'm not much for department store jewelry, but I am sucker for sparkles. I only have one son, but I hope he'll have twelve children. I know that's not good for the population problem, but one is allowed one's fantasies. At this point he's 24 and says he's having zero children. So it looks like I'll have to give these rings to my nieces, or maybe to their children. I have more nephews than nieces, as it stands, none of whom are interested in my jewelry blog. Part of collecting jewelry is the comfort one gets thinking about who will inherit what. Jewelry contains some of the spirit of the people who've worn it and like to think of handing out these things when I get old. My favorite treasures belonged to my great aunts, and I collect in part to leave a legacy to those born when I'm long gone. And I often buy pieces that look well loved but have somehow become orphans.

No comments:

Post a Comment