Sunday, February 10, 2013

surf board





My sister calls this my surf board necklace, but I like it so much I bought two rings to match. The problem is that there are really very few things to wear with this strangely shaped pendant. In fact, I don't think I've successfully worn this with anything I own, and I have a lot of "artistic" clothing. So what is the value of having something beautiful just stuck away in a box? Well I get to take it out and consider wearing it. I admire the workmanship and wonder who bought it the first time and what it was worn with in the past. I guess it's full of potential. Someday this will be the perfect thing or I will find the perfect person to give it to. In the meantime I forget I have it and so get to discover it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment