Sunday, February 3, 2013

lapis



There was a lady in town who had a store with two necklaces in it. One turned out to be of real clear blue lapis beads and was later appraised at $3,000. I didn't buy that one. I bought the other one which I am still trying to figure out what in the world it is (but that's another post). My friend told me to buy the lapis, but I thought it looked fuddy-duddy. The necklace I bought may not be worth as much, but it is as different as you can imagine. Anyway the point is I could have had real jewel quality lapis but instead have this costume dangling piece which I mix with some strands of low quality real lapis, upon one of which I put a rather Middle Eastern looking pendant that is shaped like a book and opens. I think this should hold an Arabic prayer, but since I didn't have such a thing, I put in a little Mexican icon. But that's secret. Now this set looks very good on. It's bold and the costume piece that I found at the Sutro St. Salvation Army doesn't look as cheap as it is because of its rich color, I think.





No comments:

Post a Comment