Friday, February 15, 2013

tide pool


The crab is 22K gold and the lobster is stamped tin from Spain but they look great together, one on each side of a collar. The ring is the first piece of jewelry I bought when I got my first real job working at the Aloha Tower in Honolulu for the State of Hawaii. I wouldn't buy this now because it's factory produced mall jewelry, and I like one-of-a-kind art pieces or vintage mid 20th century. But I do wear it with these pins because it just seems to go with them. It's funny but it seems that the only reason people think you would wear a crab is because you're a Cancer, which I'm not. But I do like the lobster because it reminds me of the Moon card in the Rider-Waite Tarot Card Deck.


The moon card has the happy fate of representing Deception, Twilight. Obscurity and Intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment