Sunday, February 24, 2013

more rings


I love my collection of big paste rings. They look great when matched right up to a color of an outfit. I have a blue velvet coat that goes exactly with the large blue ring and they look amazing together. I wish I'd kept all the rings I bought at Woolsworth in the '60's when I was just a little kid. Even then if I had some money I immediately turned it into some kind of jewelry usually a ring. Turning paper into jewels is how I see buying jewelry. Like spinning flax into gold. Glass rings are wonderful for those of us who will never be able to buy a fancy diamond that bears a name. And they're safer too. Nobody is going to break into your house for a piece of glass! Very old glass rings from the Georgian period are often worth $1,500. So don't laugh at these not so humble impostors.



No comments:

Post a Comment