Tuesday, February 12, 2013

galleon treasure



Chemists call gold the noble metal because it doesn't interact with any other substance and tarnish. Therefore you can pull up golden frogs from the ancient deep, and they are still wearable.
These brass frogs and giant glass emerald remind me of treasure brought up from a sunken
Spanish galleon. The green crystal is really one of a pair if shoe clips. Can you imagine the shoes clips like those would go on? With only one, I naturally turned it into a pendant. Pretty cool chain, huh? The amazing thing about this pendant is that all the miniature green "stones" that circle the main "stone" in two complete rings are all there. None are substitutes or missing completely. This piece is so well made. I used to wear this to the jail when I was teaching there because everything there is so ugly. The patrons long for a break from sore eyes. The "emerald" is also part of my Russian Princess fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment