Friday, February 1, 2013

plastic, yay!


I saw a picture in a magazine where the model was wearing a necklace with dozens of large dangling teardrop plastic beads. They were all this shade of yellow which got me interested in finding yellow plastic beads. I add the plastic purple pearls to provide contrast and because purple and yellow are such a great combination. For years I was afraid of this combo because I was haunted by the words of my childhood landscape painting teacher after using yellow and purple together in a sunset picture. "That will just mix into a muddy brown," he assured me, even though the sky itself was purple and yellow and not muddy brown. To my childhood brain that translated into the rule: purple and yellow don't match. But they do, in the sky and on the body. Every color can be worn with every other color is my new rule. I try to follow this rule a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment