Wednesday, February 6, 2013

thrift shopping


It was a beautiful day but too cold and icy to take a walk so we drove to Portola to see what the Nifty Thrifty had to offer. I hadn't been there in months and months so I was anxious to see what they had stashed in their jewelry case. The problem was money. I had $15. And I am just at the start of this year's Christmas shopping expeditions. I like to get everyone in my family a cute gift, but I have so many relatives that I can't afford to pay much for any one gift. The handful of items shown above was my score for the day. I have someone in mind for each item, except I might have to keep the skull ring because it's such a classic and I don't have one. I have many little nephews who would like it though so I'm kind of torn. Anyway I have all year to decide and that's the fun part. For now I'll wear it because hey it's so cool. The enameled heart is also a classic and could work for many of the girls in my family. And you've got to love the swordfish for the sister whose childhood goal was to open a fancy fish shop (salt water). The crucifix is for my son who is going to a Jesuit school now. And the tea pot pin for his girlfriend who among other things works at Starbucks. Anyway you get the picture. And what a fun afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment