Thursday, January 31, 2013

uncertainty




I can't decide whether I love or hate this set. Cary was with me when I bought the pendant and suggested she make the chain out of gemstones that matched the piece. I get lots of compliments when I wear this, but I keep remembering the really good gold loop earrings I could have bought instead. After losing yet another side to a cheap pair of gold hoops, I remember again the practical thing I let get away (I went back and checked a couple of days afterward) in favor of a pastel gemstone heart that doesn't really look like a heart. Sigh. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's too feminine. I usually wear it with some small baroque pearls (not shown here), with a pastel top, but more often than not I take it off for something else. Maybe it's just out of style or just plain ugly. The matching earrings help but they're clamp-ons so I can only bear them for a couple of hours. I think I should have bought the gold hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment