Saturday, January 19, 2013

China Now!



I own a necklace and bracelet that I think are beautiful that come from the Chinese Jewelry Industry today. In fact I have been  more than happy with everything I've ordered from China but these two pieces are lovely examples of why ordering modern Chinese jewelry is a good gift idea.

The price is always right. When my son went to China he said, "Mom, you can buy anything for any price." And while that's not quite true from here, certainly there are many bargains. I love the way this necklace is handmade using macrame and the bracelet is braided with heavy elastic thread.

Personally I thing these chip beads are really ugly and couldn't imagine how they could be used well, but that's the Chinese strength. As a rule the Chinese know their materials and get the most out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment