Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Doesn't this amber piece knock your socks off? I got the beads when I first moved to Quincy, nearly twenty years ago when the Hospital Thrift Store was located where La Casa Bella is now. They sat in my drawer, pretty but plain until last year when I found this matching pendant at Traci's Thrift. The pendant was hung on some unfortunate red and blue beads which had to go and go they did. I then tied the pendant onto the amber beads and the effect was stunning, I like to wear this with a blue suit because there is no way to be subtle in this piece. The pendant is 2.5 inches long and 2 inches across!

Silver rings and bracelets go well with this but the can't be too bulky or you'll end up looking like a Viking (Warning to all those who love the bulky silver bracelet look). I wouldn't wear Uggs with this either. Keep everything else you wear with something like this refined.

And never, ever whisper to a soul that the whole piece is a glorious fake!

No comments:

Post a Comment