Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Red!




Red as a color was just so out of fashion during these Obama years. But as much as my politics lean blue, red has always been my favorite color. I've always had a red car for instance and a red pair of shoes. Red scarves, red socks. So I'm glad to see the fashion pallet beginning to include red again. I wear the two necklaces above with a black and white checked dress. One is made of vintage ceramic beads and the other is dyed coral with a Tibetan silver bead in the center. The red rings are just for fun although the one on my pointer Jorge Jensen, the Danish designer. My Great Aunt Hoyt, who was a jewelry artist herself, visited Jensen's studio when he was still working there. My sister, Nancy has a ring in lapis, one of his classic designs, that my Great Aunt bought on that very trip. And even the box it came it! And this just in, Michelle Obama wore a RED dress for the inaugural balls! I see a future for red.

No comments:

Post a Comment