Wednesday, January 30, 2013

minor designer


Like jewelry lovers everywhere, I sometimes make an impulse buy from a boutique or department store. I try to stay away from these places because I don't need anything more mass produced in my life. When I get something from a second hand store, even though it was obviously mass produced, I feel like I'm repurposing it. That somehow it's come to rest in my huge collection as a special part of a whole. I feel like someday the collection can be catologued and donated to the aptly named the Walters Museum of Jewelry in Baltimore in  a cabinet marked, "How did she do it on 12 bucks an hour?" Needless to say I've gotten snagged by a few sale items signed by minor designers. The above is Bebe from a couple of seasons back and the ring is Betsy Johnson. Being that I'm from a small town it doesn't matter that these pieces are way out of style. I can wear them anyway. I love rings that make a statement and also have, besides the Betsy Johnson, below a Juicy Couture and a mock turquoise from Target.



No comments:

Post a Comment