Sunday, January 6, 2013

I love these bone and horn bracelets. They're big and chunky and look really good with short sleeves. I wear all three at once, two on one arm and one on the other. I think you can order these new, but I like the patina these have from being worn. It's interesting to me how one of the white ones is pieced together and the other is just one large chunk of bone. I also love the handmade silver joints. They just add a whole other level of beauty to me, the fact that someone hammered each of these into place until they worked just right.

The joints give each curved object a mechanical magic.

I found each of these bracelets at the Salvation Army on Sutro St. on different days in different years and paid no more than six dollars for each. I have a real interest in jewelry that was made for the tourist trade in the past. So much of it is handcrafted and really too beautiful to be sold so cheaply.

No comments:

Post a Comment